Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by my card making blog today! I’m super excited to share today’s card with you. If you haven’t ever participated in the Altenew Educator Program, I encourage you to think about it. This program has challenged me to be creative and think outside of the box. One of the challenges we studied was building seasonal scenes. While I’m very much a fall gal, there is something about a beautiful cluster of roses. What better way to create a spring rose scene than to use the Altenew Vintage Roses layering stamp set. There are many ways to change this up, but I am in love with the simplicity of it.
I started out with die cutting the window using the Hero Arts Fanciful Windows Dies. I only used the window pane die for the front, not using the outer rim die. This created the window cutouts, but kept the front sturdy in order to create the framing. Next, I used 130lb heavyweight black cardstock and die cut four window panes and then set these to the side.
Before stamping the vintage roses, I kept the card closed and traced the top and bottom corners of the window opening with a pencil. This acted as my guide for ensuring the roses would be stamped in the perfect spot to create the scene. I started stamping the solid base layer of the roses with Altenew Pink Diamond ink. For the next layer, I used Altenew Pinkalicious ink. The third layer is stamped with Altenew Rubellite. Finally, I used Altenew Razzleberry to get the last step of the rose layers. The leaves were just three layers of ink, beginning with Altenew Frayed Leaf, then adding in some shading with Altenew Forest Glades, and finishing up with Altenew Evergreen ink. If you have been wanting a realistic, easy layering stamp set, definitely go with vintage roses. These are gorgeous! And what I love about it is how easy these are to layer.
Once I let the ink from the roses dry for about a minute, I glued three of the black window panes to the front of the card and one to the inside of the card. Since I used a heavyweight card stock, it made the card feel quite sturdy, including the window. I loved how the window was seamless from the outside of the card to the inside. To finish the card, I stamped the “Thank You” sentiment from the Altenew Build-A-Flower Begonia Stamp set. Finally, I added a few sequins from Spellbinders and it was complete! This card was simple, did not take much time to create, and created a beautiful spring seasonal scene.
Thank you again for stopping by to check out this seasonal scene building card. I hope you will give it a try and let me know which stamps you enjoy using when creating your own scene!